Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TOY NEW FOR 10/28/2012 - BANDAI SOUL OF CHOGOKIN DANGUARD ACE

 UPDATED - 2/3/2013 - NEW PICTURES!

Shown at recent toy show in Taiwan, we get a look at a more finished version of Dangard Ace! He looks a lot more like a production version in these pics than the previous ones which looked hand painted. We can also see his alt mode more clearly as well. Both look fantastic! I'm curious to see how his transformation works. I absolutely can not wait to get this figure! Next to Mazinger, he has always been my all time favorite giant robot!


Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED - 11/3/2012 - NEW PICTURES!

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard AceBandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace

Bandai Soul of Chogokin Danguard Ace


 This is the most wonderful news of the entire Tamashii Nations Show held in Japan this past week!

This is something I have been wanting ever since the Soul Of Chogkin line began!

Tied with Mazinger for my favorite Japanese robot of all time-- Danguard Ace finally comes to the SOC line!!! (Thank god he has a new anime coming out, or this may have never happened!)

Danguard Ace was like a ghost to me as a child. Something I could see-- but never obtain. I knew him from the Shogun Warriors comic book series by Marvel Comics, and I saw him briefly in a cartoon once, but mostly I just sat and stared at his 6" figure on the back of the Shogun Warriors boxes and advertisements, wanting him so badly- -but never once seeing him or finding him in stores. I even dreamed of there one day being a 24" Shogun of Danguard and how awesome it must be with his opening chest and firing missiles! (Little did I know that one actually did exist in Japan, but wasn't part of Mattel's Shogun Warriors line.)

I already added Yamato's Danguard to my robot collection years ago-- and finally obtained the original 6" Shogun around the same time (I really want the larger scaled original Popy with the firing missiles in his chest!)-- but now... Now comes Danguard by the best die-cast robot makers of all time-- Bandai's Soul Of Chogokin.

I think I'm about to man-weep.

This is the only pic I've found so far and I really can't wait to have him in my hands. In my head, I'm already flying him around a large field in slow-motion as gentle music plays in the background. (It's called a dream sequence, people!)

Danguard Ace... My dream robot... You've finally come... >sob<

No comments:

Post a Comment