Sunday, February 3, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 1/30/2013 - HOT TOYS - 1/6 SCALE POWER POSE SERIES - IRON MAN 3

UPDATE 2/4/2013 - IRON MAN Mk 42 POWER POSE SERIES REVEALED!

Hey kids! Do you like Hot Toys' awesome action figure but really wish that they didn't have all that cool and pesky ar-tic-u-lation? I mean, who wants to take a 1/6 scale figure and create your own poses when Hot Toys can do that for you?

Oh, wait, now that I think about it-- that's a completely shitty idea.

But, that's exactly what Hot Toys is doing with its [misleading and poorly named] Power Pose Series

This will be a series of 1/6 scale statues with limited articulation and swap-out parts to create slight variations on the main pose.

I guess that this might appeal to the statue crowd, but I'd think that there would be enough cross-over between 1/6 scale buyers and statue collectors that they'd have both markets about 90% covered with just their regular 1/6 scale figure releases, but apparently not.

Maybe Hot Toy is trying to move in to Sideshow territory and create a varied line of collectibles and not just "figures". Hard to know what Hot Toys is thinking with this particular move.

Well, I guess I will digress and show you the damn thing that I'm talking so much about. For the most part, all this does is make me anxious to see the actual Mark 42 figure.












 
Price will be 164.99 (which actually isn't all the bad!) with a release date for sometime in Q2 of 2013.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes!!! The "Power Pose Series" is finally here!!!!

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mk 42 Power Pose Series

Now, can someone tell me exactly what the hell is the "Power Pose Series"-- because I have no idea!

This pic is all the Hot Toys is saying at the moment and I guess we're supposed to be...... excited? Confused? I don't know.

My personal guess is that these will actually be statues. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment