Wednesday, March 20, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 3/12/2013 - DC COLLECTIBLES - NEW 52 & INJUSTICE 3.75" FIGURES

UPDATE 3/20/2013 - INJUSTICE - FLASH & RAVEN 2-PACK

Flash was shown at Toy Fair as one of the figures that would be appearing this this upcoming 2-pack from the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us, but the second figure remained unannounced-- until now.

The second figure in this 2-Pack will be Raven from the Teen Titans.

DC Collectibles Injustice: Gods Among Us 3.75" Flash and Raven Figure 2-Pack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always been a Marvel reader my whole life, starting from the age of five.

I have read certain DC comics on and off over the years, and I'm pretty well versed in the DC lore and characters (except for the the last 10 years or so), but I can't remember the last time I read a mainstream DC comic series on a regular basis.

Recently however, the brilliant art of Jim Lee has lured me into the reading the New 52 Justice League series and I'm really loving it. It almost reminds me of watching a DC based movie or one of the cartoon series. It's not exactly the DC universe I've always know, but it's a fun and fairly faithful interpretation with a modern edge.

This has really made me want to pick up some of the New 52 action figures from DC Collectibles. Mainly the "We Can Be Heroes" 7-Pack.

But, I guess I'll digress and get to the new pics and figures since that's probably what you skipped to to in the first place. Shown are two new 2-Packs and a single figure from the New 52 series of books. DC Collectibles seems to be doing the one thing that I can not stand-- packing in previous figures with a new figure in a 2-Pack. This is only barely acceptable when it's a $15 3.75" pack, but when we're talking $20 - $25 figures in two packs where one of the figures is likely one you already have-- that's a pretty major "Ha Ha! Screw you!" from the company in question.

Luckily, Martian Manhunter will be coming as a single figure.

DC Collectibles 52 Katana & Wonder Woman Figure 2-Pack
Wonder Woman &  Katana 2-Pack

DC Collectibles 52 Martian Manhunter Figure
Martian Manhunter

DC Collectibles 52 Flash & Vibe Figure 2-Pack
Flash & Vibe 2-Pack

Wonder Woman/Katana will  be out in Aug for $39.99.

Flash/Vibe will be out in July along with Martian Manhunter, retailing for $39.99 and $24.99 respectively.

Also coming from DC Collectibles are a few new 3.75" 2-Packs from the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us.

I think I kinda like these designs... I think.

DC Collectibles Injustice: Gods Among Us 3.75" Black Adam and Aquaman Figure 2-Pack
Aquaman & Black Adam

DC Collectibles Injustice: Gods Among Us 3.75" Superman and Nightwing Figure 2-Pack
Superman & Nightwing

Both packs will be out in Aug for $29.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment