Tuesday, April 16, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 4/16/2013 - PREMICO - MAZINGER Z 40th ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE SET

Here is a really cool looking Mazinger collectible celebrating his 40th Anniversary (which was last year).

I've never heard of the company producing it-- Premico-- although that's probably due to my own ignorance, but they seem to be a damn fine looking product.

From what I can decipher from the Japanese text and solicitation, it will consist of mostly diecast, be in a 1/20th scale and is limited to 950 pieces. It also seems to have some kind of special collector's coin that can be slotted into the front of the display.

Now, as a Mazinger fan, and considering it's created to commemorate his creation by the great Go Nagi 40 years ago, it would normally be a no-brainer for me to add to my collection, but then I saw the price-- Y48,500. That's just about $500 USD!!

Now, I know that since it's 1/20th scale, it's probably pretty big, but I don't know the exact dimensions. Either way though, I think that this is made for a much more hard-core Mazinger collector than myself. Sadly, I probably won't be adding this to my collection after all...

Premico Mazinger Z 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Set

Premico Mazinger Z 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Set

In case you're interested, it's scheduled to be released in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment