Monday, April 29, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 4/29/2013 - HOT TOYS - IRON MAN 3 - WAR MACHINE Mk II

I foolishly sold my original War Machine in anticipation of the new version that would ultimately be released in conjunction with the Iron Man 3 film. And, now that it's here, I'm really wishing I had my original version back.

This just looks too much like Iron Man. Smooth, streamlined, no military style weapons... Kinda boring and uninspired. Plus, from what I understand [SPOILER to follow] War Machine does not actually appear in the film in this form, but only as the Iron Patriot-- which is exactly what this is. This is a grey version of the exact same figure as Iron Patriot. So, that kinda makes it double "meh".

Add to that the diecast price and I'm officially out on this figure. An easy pass.

No word on a Rhodey sculpt for this figure, which seems odd. Also, the hologram "figure" will probably only be included with the Sideshow exclusive version.












Release date and pricing info expected with in the next day or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment