Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 6/18/2013 - HASBRO - STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES - 6" FIGURES - FINAL PRODUCTION IMAGES

With the retail release just a little over a month away, we're finally seeing the very first production images of Hasbro's much anticipated 6" Star Wars The Black Series Wave 1 figures thanks to some HK e-bay auctions.

Looking at the final product, I'm pretty happy with everything I'm seeing in comparison to the prototypes. Luke has unfortunately taken a bit of a hit in terms of the likeness to Mark Hamill due to less intricate paint work-- especially in the eyes, which Hasbro can often screw the pooch on with off-center and cross-eyed paint apps. The Sandtrooper also looks pretty sloppy. At $20 bucks a pop, let's hope Hasbro puts their best QC foot forward and that we don't end up with sloppy pain apps.

(You can find the prototype images here.)

I'll keep my hopes up as I'm very much looking forward to this line and can't wait to get my Boba Fett next week at Comic-Con!

Click on pics to enlarge





These should be out in August for $20 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment