Thursday, October 10, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 10/10/2013 - SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - G.I. JOE - 1/6 SCALE DESTRO

Running a little late with this one.....

Just so your 12" Baroness figure won't have to spend any nights alone, Sideshow was good enough to line up the Cobra Weapons Supplier (and all around badass) Destro as their next release in their 12" GI Joe figure line.

While I love the original figure design because it's classic, this isn't a bad look for Destro, either. And I have to admit, he looks pretty "pimp", even without his leopard collar!

I do appreciate that they pretty faithfully recreated his vintage 3.75" pistol, as well.









Destro is set for a April release for $179.99. You can pre-order him now on Sideshow's site.

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me or are Sideshow's releases getting more expensive. Destro does look awesome, but I usually find that Sideshow figures tend to feel cheaper when in hand. With floppy joints and such. They can look good on the shelf, but call me crazy. I like my high and figures to still feel like an ACTION figure that can handle some play. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think increased slightly over the years, as most toys do. But their prices are way too high, especially when compared to something like Hot Toys-- which Sideshow is NOT.

      And yes, their figures also often come with some quality control issues....

      Delete