Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 10/15/2013 - NECA - PACIFIC RIM - SERIES 3 - SNEAK PEEK

Thank you, fellow geeks!

True, Pacific Rim underperformed at the box office (which I attribute to the lack of any real stars that most movie-goers would recognize), but within the collector community, this film was a total geek-gasm! And thanks to that fact, the action figure line has been heavily supported at retail and online.

Personally, I'm down to get as many figures as NECA would like to produce from this movie. Bring 'em on! (Can't wait to get that 18" Gypsy Danger!!!)

On a side note, I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but I'd love it if NECA could re-do Knifehead in the proper scale. I've been looking at that scene on my newly purchased Blu-Ray and it's clear that he's about 20% under scale. He should really be just about as tall as Gypsy Danger.

Anyway, today NECA showed off a very early work in progress of Series 3. If things are still this early in the game, I wouldn't expect to see this series arriving until around spring of next year.

Axhead



NECA has also stated that even more Kaiju are on the way beyond Axhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment