Friday, April 25, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 4/20/2014 - BANDAI - S.I.C. (SUPER IMAGINATIVE CHOGOKIN) - KAMEN RIDER WIZARD - FLAME STYLE

UPDATE - 4/25/2014 - OFFICIAL PICS!!

Hot damn, SIC did a perfect job on Kamen Rider Wiazrd! After seeing these new pics, I'm more excited than ever to get my hands on this figure. I think this is one of SIC's finest looking interpretations yet!











 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't do much reporting on Japanese toys anymore. Yes, I still love them myself, but I didn't receive a great deal of feedback from anyone here that indicated that Japanese toys were anything that interested them. Plus, with so much other stuff to report on and the fact that I barely have enough time to keep up with the US toy news, I decided to cut back on it quite a bit.

But, that doesn't mean that there aren't things out there that I'm not excited about, and from time to time, I still want to share those things with all of you here.

SIC's rendition of last year's Kamen Rider series-- Kamen Rider Wizard-- is definitely one of those things.

Even if you know nothing of Kamen Rider, Japanese toys or SIC, I don't know how any action figure collector can look at a figure like this and not marvel at its design sheer badassery.

Here we have the euphonious character from Kamen Rider Wizard in his "base" style-- which is Flame Style.

KR Wizard has a multitude of rings which, when worn, will transform his "style" into the ring's attributes. He receives many rings over the course of the series, but the first four are flame, water, hurricane and land-- all of which SIC has planned, as shown in the second photo below.

I do hope that we also get to see a Kamen Rider Beast and what SIC will do with his design. He's certainly a character that's right up their alley.


I wonder how many of his other styles will end up being Tamashii Web exclusives....


Kamen Rider Wizard, Flame Style, is set for an August release. No pricing info has been made available yet.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this release I really love wizards design and seeing it in its s.I.c version just makes me want it even more. Btw have you seen the images for the s.I.c new masked rider v3 and new riderman if not check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen any images or announcement of SIC making new versions of V3 and Riderman, but they'd certainly be a welcome addition to the new versions of KR 1 and 2.

      Where did you see/hear this news at?

      Delete
    2. here's the link http://henshinjustice.com/hjublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1618471_10202021201704041_1957437264_n.jpg

      Delete