Thursday, May 1, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 5/1/2014 - FIGURES TOY COMPANY - BATMAN 1966 TV SERIES - SERIES 1 (PRODUCTION IMAGES)

Damn.... These look so good, that I'm probably going to have to buy them. These goes another $100 to feed the beast!

The 1966 Batman Television show-- as awful, campy and ruinous as it was to the image of super heroes and the comic book collecting community-- was a staple of my super hero diet as a young kid. I had no idea that it was terrible. All I knew is that it was Batman!

I had many of the Batman releated MEGO super hero figures back then-- even the Batmobile and Joker Van. There were no "official" figures from the show at the time, but the MEGO figures were certainly close enough.

As of yet, I haven't purchased any of the newly released Batman 1966 merchandise. I found the Mattel figures to be kind of weak and the Hot Toys figures were just too expensive compared to my level of interest (at this point) in the show, but these Figures Toy Company figures hit that sweet spot.

They're an affordable $24.99 each, and they have the retro feel of figures that would have come out at the time, but FTC also did a great job not just reproducing what had already come before. These figures look new, unique and, most of all, the head sculpts are damn near spot-on.





Here's a look at the back of the packaging which shows upcoming figure in the line.


These should start arriving at retailers in the next few weeks at the aforementioned $24.99 price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment