Friday, July 18, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 7/18/2014 - HOT TOYS - MMS - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - GROOT and ROCKET [RACCOON]

This has been my most anticipated film of the summer ever since I saw the first trailer.

Yes, many people had very mixed reactions to it, but I thought it looked absolutely awesome and totally fun. Plus, I've been a big fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy ever since their original incarnation in the comics. (I didn't like the 90's comic, though.)

I think it's a brilliant idea for Marvel to branch out of the straight-forward super hero genre and give audiences a sci-fi movie instead. Why not? They certainly have a universe big enough to almost cover all genres of film type, so why not kick things of with a crazy sci-fi movie like Guardians of the Galaxy?!

Speaking of kicking things off, Hot Toys has officially revealed their first two figures from the Guardians of the Galaxy-- Rocket [Raccoon] and Groot!! (And yes, they will at least be releasing all Guardians in figure form-- maybe even more! I'll take a Ronan and Nebula, please! I guess it all depends on how well the film performs at the box office.)

Both Rocket and Groot will see regular releases along with a special two-pack set with an additional "angry" head for Groot and some extra hands, as well.

I might be more anxious to get these figures than I am to see the film! They look spectacular!!















"SPECIAL SET"









Release date and pricing info are still to be announced, but I'm going to guess that Rocket will be a little under $200 and Groot will be a little over $300, bringing the set in at around $500.

No comments:

Post a Comment