Wednesday, August 6, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 8/6/2014 - HOT TOYS - IRON MAN 3 - HALL OF ARMOR (HOUSE PARTY PROTOCOL VERSION)

Yes, I know I'm running way behind on a lot of news here, so there's going to be quite a bit of it that you've probably already seen.

After getting home from SDCC, I had major deadlines that needed to caught up for my day job, so I wasn't able to post things as quickly as I'd hoped.

Hot Toys is releasing these new Hall of Armor sets based on their new appearance in Iron Man 3.

If the look like they are made out of Styrofoam, that's because they are. That's right, the base of these HoA's are made out of a dense, compressed Styrofoam. I assume the reason for this is so that they can easily be stacked on another another without all the extra weight constantly bringing them crashing down.

Also, because they're Styrofoam, the price if about half of what the originals cost.

I find this to be a very odd choice for such a quality company like Hot Toys. All I can say is that if you purchase any of these, you might want to take some extra care with them.







These will be out in September for $74.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment