Tuesday, December 16, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 12/16/2014 - SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - THE TEMPLE OF DOOM - 1/6 SCALE INDIANA JONES

I recently sold off my Hot Toys Indiana Jones figure because, after years of trying to convince myself that they head sculpt wasn't "all that bad", I just couldn't believe the lie I was trying to tell myself. The truth was that it just didn't look like Harrison Ford and-- in a rare event-- Hot Toys had totally dropped the ball on one of the most iconic film characters of all time.

Looking at this new Indy from the Temple of Doom, it's obvious to me that this is not a mistake that Sideshow plans on making as their Indy sculpt looks absolutely incredible. The only downside to this figure is that it's from most people's least favorite film of the trilogy and he doesn't feature his character defining jacket.

I know they've already done Indy from Raiders, but feel free to go ahead and re-do that old figure any time to want, Sideshow! Especially if he's going to look at good as this one!











This does look to be one of Sideshow's best 1/6 scale figures to date, but it better be somewhere close to Hot Toys quality because Sideshow is asking a Hot Toys price-- $229.99. He's set to be released a year from now in December 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment