Monday, February 29, 2016

TOY NEWS FOR 2/29/2016 - TOY FAIR 2016 - MATTEL - BATMAN v SUPERMAN, DC MULTIVERSE, SUICIDE SQUAD, GHOSTBUSTERS and HALO

All pics courtesy of toyark.com, who did some great Toy Fair coverage!

I find it a bit strange that Mattel acquired the figure license for Halo when McFarlane Toys is still making figures. However, I will say that I think I'm liking Mattel's figures a little better. They will be in a 6" scale-- larger than McFarlane's 5" figures-- and the deco looks a little nicer on these, too. I just hope that the production figures look as good and don't loose that detailed, metallic paint jobs that most of them seem to be sporting. I'm also curios to see what the articulation on these will be as the armor allows for a lot of hidden joints, but overall, I'm not a big fan of Mattel's style of articulation, so I guess we'll see how that all pans out.









Mattel will also be producing figures based on a few movies that will be coming this summer. One of those is the "reboot" of Ghostbusters... Man, I just do not know how I feel about this movie yet. I am such a huge original Ghostbusters fan that this just seems almost blasphemous to me! But, I suppose I'm willing to give it a chance... The figures however, don't look all that great to me. They look pretty weak and cartoonish, bearing only a passing resemblance to the actors.






What the hell is this thing..???



I'm guessing that this is the main "big bad" from the new movie.


Moving on to something I am excited about, Mattel will be continuing their Batman v Superman movie line as well as releasing a Suicide Squad figure line later this summer.

Of course, since these all take place in the same movie universe now, you can do some mixing and matching which will make for some pretty coll shelf displays.


Batman (Suicide Squad appearance) & Captain Boomerang

Joker & Deadshot

Joker

Katana & Kill Croc

Batman & Aquaman

Armored Batman (with light? Maybe a C&C for Wave 2?)

Batman (removable mask) & Superman (light up eyes?)

Lex Luthor (not sure if from BvS or Suicide Squad)

Rounding out the Mattel coverage is the staple of their superhero action figure line-- DC Multiverse.

New additions to the line this year include Doomsday Superman, regular Doomsday, Armored Batman and Mutant Leader from the Dark Knight Returns comic series and Supergirl from the new TV series (pretty cool!)







No comments:

Post a Comment